I have loved paper folding since I was a little girl. I thank my beautiful mum for that! I have fond memories of her crafting & creating and she always involved us kids! One of the techniques she taught me was bag folding, which I have used to create these adorable mini popcorn boxes. There are quite a few steps, so it may seem a little daunting, but once you have completed one, they are really quite easy.
- Click here to download the printout and print onto A4 paper.
- Trim excess white paper
- Create 2 folds, equal distance from the star. I've used the lines as a guide, folding on the 2nd white line away from the star.
- Lay the paper face down, leaving one of the sides folded in.
- Using glue or double-sided tape, join the edges
- Keeping the initial fold in place, push paper to create a 3rd fold line
- Open and (using 2nd foldline as a guide) push paper to create a 4th fold line. You should now have a 4 sided open box shape.
- Create gussets by folding sides inward.
- Fold gussets outward
- Take the bottom edge and fold up to the top, and crease at fold
- Open out the folded section, and flatten as shown above.
- Using the crease lines as a guide, fold in the bottom edge of the base.
- Again using the crease line as a guide, fold in the top edge of the base
- Using glue or double-sided tape, join the bottom flaps
- Open, and push out sides to complete!
Fill with yummy popcorn, and enjoy!